If you have a busy lifestyle, it's hard sometimes to keep your house clean and tidy on regular basis. All of the sudden in the middle of the week you notice that you haven't dropped your clothes off at the dry cleaners & dirty plates are in the sink.
Here are few of our clever housecleaning weekly maintenance tips which will save you hours on the weekends:
1) Clean your nightstand every morning. Always keep disinfecting wipes by your nightstand and wipe it down whenever you can.
2) Clear out unnecessary pieces of clothing. Always keep a bag in your closet where you can start to separate clothes that you aren't using. You can sort it out once a month to donate or sell.
3) Always re-hang clothing as soon as possible and when you are planning to wear it before laundering. If you have a habit of draping your clothing over your treadmill or any other furniture, you will undoubtedly have a mess on your hands by the time the weekend rolls around. Always keep clean clothes and dirty clothes separated.
4) Keep separate laundry baskets every person in the house. It helps not to mix up clothes from one family member with another.
5) Start washing your clothes as soon as you have enough laundry. Always start washing your clothes as soon as you have enough clothes to do a load. If you leave your clothing unwashed for longer than a week, it will not only take more time to wash them but more time to dry and fold them. Always fold and hang your clothes in the laundry area before putting them away in the closets. Always fold and iron your clothes as soon as you wash them.
6) Dry your shower with a clean cloth after every use. Drying it will keep mold from growing quicker and keeps it looking nice for the next person.
7) Keep a laundry basket in bathroom just for towels.
8) Clean tabletops regularly.
9) As you cook, always clean up after yourself as you go. After meals, never leave the dirty dishes in the sink. Clean the dishes, wipe the counters and sweep the floors, you will be amazed and happy each time you enter your clean kitchen.
10) Develop the habit of wiping down the inside of the microwave oven after each and every use.